• The inward bowing of the South wall induced column instability, which progressed rapidly horizontally across the entire South face.
• The South wall unloaded and tried to redistribute the loads via the hat truss to the thermally weakened core and via the spandrels to the adjacent East and West walls.
• The entire section of the building above the impact zone began tilting as a rigid block (all four faces; not only the bowed and buckled South face) to the South (at least about 8º) as column instability progressed rapidly from the South wall along the adjacent East and West walls.
• The change in potential energy due to downward movement of building mass above the buckled columns exceeded the strain energy that could be absorbed by the structure. Global collapse then ensued.
1. Likely to happen or to be true. As in: "The woman in the photo above, probably did not have to die."
2. Likely but uncertain; plausible.
And can anyone explain what "global collapse" means besides "cover-up"?
*Not In Scientific Terms.